Thursday, November 26, 2015

Week 39 - This Week was a Victory!

I am in the city of Sliedrecht, but the ward is in Dordrecht. So we come to Dordrecht a lot and we have to go through Dordrecht to get to anything. So that’s hard, but that is ok. Our zone is the Rotterdam Zone.

I got my bike its good I am glad that I can fix bikes as well because I pieced together one for my comp the one the other Elder that was going home was about to fall apart.  So I did that I think that in all my future areas I will try to fix the bikes because I can and then sell them for really cheap and be able to pay for a few extra things or get my own bike paid for. It was fairly easy.

Elder Mostoller and I are getting along. He is VERY quiet and so that makes things a bit difficult when I don’t really know and I just say what I think a lot of the times. So, I don’t know really what to think. I don’t think that he is very open and I just continue to just be the best I can for him. I need his help here and so I try to get him to speak up and teach with me.

We have been working with a recent convert and her family and been trying to get them to have their own experience with faith. So that is going good also been trying to help a less active guy and his partner become a part of the gospel. We also have a family that all want to learn about God and they are all interested and it pretty insane. They are from South America. So that’s why haha.

I have actually had it a bit easier with trying to get up on time because of the time change. So glorious! I am going to be able to do it. I have been getting better each day and slowly almost there to getting up. I am getting better at being a missionary that’s for sure.

This week was a struggle because at our last temple conference they upped the number of hours for proselyting time from 20 to 23. To be honest, I have only had on average 18 most every week. So I committed to get the big 23. SO…. I did it this week! I made 23 hours and it feels awesome! I am so happy that I was able to make my goal and I think the major difference was that we just paid attention to the hours that we were putting in.  Super fun week and I think that it is going to launch us into something great. I am planning for a really good week this week. I am excited. This week we did a TON of finding. I am definitely not a fan of finding that is for sure. However, this week every night we came home with ALL that we could have done that day, it felt like a victory for the Lord and this week was just that a victory.

The one thing that I have changed the most on my mission is that I am a 100 percent open and I am no longer holding back any feelings or how I feel. I have decided that like Jesus I will be open and I don’t have time to be beating around the bush or holding it in. Not worth it. I have learned also that holding things in is a way of having a hardened heart. I have and will continue to have a broken heart so that I will be able to have light flow through it. I need this light and I don’t have time to NOT use it either. I think that being open and being honest are really the biggest key to receiving revelation or at least for me I have found it that way.

Mom I am so happy to say that you are my mother.  Like the stripling warriors you have given me the basis on which I was able to grow my Faith to be this strong.  I know that I am Gods servant and that I am here to work in his vineyard. Sometimes I don’t always enjoy it but I am here and I am needed. It was pretty interesting, the other week, I was remembering Giselindes baptism and how the Lord told me “One and done make it count.” She was the one. I was sitting in sacrament a while ago and remembering when I was 14 at EFY when God called me and told me he needed me on a mission. I remember writing in my book that even if she was the only reason, it would have been worth it. I think back on that and then thoughts that came were just like, I am not done!  I have work to do Mom, I have something to do here in Sliedrecht and I am not done yet.
I love you to infinity

Tot Ziens
Elder Jardine




No comments:

Post a Comment