Sunday, March 22, 2015

Week 7 - First Week in the Field Snakes and Rats

Family

it has been so great in cali. I am glad that I be here. my companion is great his name is Elder McGary. He is great too. I am glad that he Is my companion.

first my mission address is:

23 lake road, Irvine, California , 92604

So yeah send me treats the apartment had nothing in it and we haven't really shopped for anything.

so when we got to the apartment it was filthy I cant believe that elders lived there It was so terrible the first night we had to clean our bed room and use a lot of frebreeze to get it to smell decent at all and we sleep with the window open which is actually pretty nice to have cuz the wind blow in and it doesn't get hot at night. Thank you so much for my blanket I love it.

I love it here and am not really bummed that I am here instead. I have already felt my language suffer in Dutch so that is rough. but it will be ok. I will figure it out everyone thinks that I speak really well in my prayers and when me and my companion pray I always pray in Dutch. Its awesome.

The last missionaries both went home and were pretty much just done working so the Area book sucks and they have 0 investigators and 0 of anything really. We both are brand new and you could say that we are white washed but I got told that isn't a term used because it can be negative. so We are doubled-in which is great because we are literally starting from ground 0 nothing nada, nix. so that sucks... We still work hard every day and its great I am learning how to not be quite and my companion is great to me.

So quick miracle. My mission president basically the first thing he said to me in his office was that my companion is inspired because he had everything already picked out and then he had the impression to put me with my companion who ha previously been a zone leader. and was going to be an AP this kid is probably the best missionary out here. He told me that the Lord knew me and that I needed to be in a companionship with Elder McGary I am super excited and I cant wait to see all these miracles.

This week on Thursday you could never guess what service project that we do for a non member named Scott.

Its really nasty and we get to do it every Friday. They call it rats and snakes. .........

So basically this guy has his garage filled with mice and rats on selves on racks so there is probably about 1000-3000 mice/rats in his garage that we move into another bin clean the rack and then wash the bin  after we transfer them all. so yeah that is really nasty.. really really gross. heel veel vrees

Then snakes is pretty cool he has a room in his house that he probably has cages for 100-300 snakes that he breeds and raises and sells these snakes. Its kinda cool all the stuff he talked about he breeds so many different kinds and loves to tell us all about it but I think that the snakes were pretty cool He doesn't have anything really big of thick. some of the snakes are long and slender though probably as long as 5-6 feet. so we move the snakes into different bins and clean the used ones and that is pretty fun. He does love to feed the snakes when we are there and they eat the mice that he has in the garage. which is so crazy and a little weird.

It was actually his birthday Friday night so we went and ate at his party which was funny because him being a non member had all non member friends so there were 6 missionaries alone in the outside part away from the music and just eating food and they were respectful but they would come out and ask all sorts of stuff like why don't you come it or something. oh and almost everyone was drunk so that was interesting. hahaha it was some great food though at this restaurant place. It should be great.

So We have started from the bottom and we plan to work hard and to never give up and keep going strong. I think that we will start having some lessons soon. and I cant wait to see how it all goes. I am glad that the mission president knows about my situation and that it will all work out. thanks for being honest with me and I am glad that Dad came home. Tell him that I love him and want to here from him soon. I think post takes 3 days so I should be able to get stuff before next Monday haha so send it soon. I love you all so much and I love to hear from all of you so often.

tout zines

Love you mom

to the moon and back :)

Elder Dulig

Cleaning the rat bins

Elder McGary

Checking on the rats. Eww

Elder McGary

Rats and Rats and more Rats

Spray paint temple

No comments:

Post a Comment