Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Week 24 - Learning to speak Flemish, New Area, New Companion

I thought I was going to stay in Zoetermeer and had made plans for the week. I was surprised to be transferred. Belgium is just different though. Seems run down, that’s the only way to describe it really. The members are amazing and do a ton for us so that’s really cool. They basically are the missionaries so that’s intense.

So Flemish is supposedly Dutch, but it basically sounds like they took an Irishman and then gave him a French accent and then made him speak Dutch. Basically isn’t Dutch anymore so they call it Flams. I can speak really pretty and pure Dutch because Den Haag is where the purest form comes from and what I think actually it sounds the best. Flams is just hard. I can’t speak it so people think that I am weird because I have the hard ``g´´ and here they have almost a ´´h`` sound. It’s gross.

Oh, and I was wrong about church being in France, it’s really close to France. It’s a walk away from the church so not too bad. We will probably go there soon.

Elder Jones is great. We get along really well and he is a cool kid. He is only 2 transfers out longer than me. So we both are pretty young. That makes it interesting, so yeah.

Teaching is good, pretty much the same. The members are really involved in the missionary work and there are some really strong members in the branch.

Tout Ziens
Elder Jardine


Elder Jardine

Elder Claflin enjoying a break and ice cream






Our bikes in the street

Elder Jones

Belgium Chocolate







No comments:

Post a Comment