Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Week #1 - I Got to the MTC "Commanders in God's Army"

Hey Mom, I love you so much. I know that you have prepared me for this moment so well. I have no fear anymore. The Lord has blessed me so much this last week. I have come to understand more about what kind of position that I am in for God’s army. I know that me and my companions are not just ordinary soldiers. We are commanders in Gods army and that we are to go to the Netherlands and fight for freedom because that is what the gospel gives. That is why we are so happy, because it makes us free from everything so that our choices allow us to do anything we desire. My mission may be hard but that won’t mean I don't plan on not having any baptisms. I am called at the right time to have the Lord guide me to those children that are lost and liberate them from their sins and bindings as Satan would have them.

The Elders in my district are

Elder Smith, from Orem
Elder Isaksen, from Noway
Elder Soloman, from West Valley

We each have strengths and weaknesses. We have been put into the companionship and been called to the Netherlands because we are his elite. We are to fulfill his work as he desires. I am so glad that I have been placed with these Elders they are definitely in the right place with me. We are already so close. I have no idea what kind of things make them who they are but I love them so much. We wish sometimes that we could all just be a giant companionship.

Thank you guys so much for the package I loved it so much. I need some chips or something that isn't so sweet though. I love that I have mangoes though. We check the mail every day except Sundays. I would tell people to go to DearElder.com because we get those instantly in the MTC. They get printed out and given to us in the mail boxes. That way you can save on postage. But in the next package please send me stamps and envelopes. That's something that I really want. Along with a copy of my Patriarchal blessing. I also would love to have a typed up version of the blessing that the stake president gave me when I was set apart. I know that Dad recorded it. The FBI paper work hasn't come through for anyone else either and we have to do some labs for the VISA. Which were not so fun. Ask me about that one when I get back because I’m not going to write it over an Email.

Love

Elder Jardine

---------------------------------------

Dad

Life here has been great I love it in the MTC. It has been a lot different than I thought it would be. I love seeing all the letters. The MTC has really brought me closer to my heavenly father. It was interesting because I have come to understand that I am God’s commander in his army. I can’t get that thought out of my head and that I have a specific purpose here. I am here to learn how to fulfill my role in my life and the lives of others. I really do love my District. We have only been here a week and I know that they are also commanders in Gods army. Last night I shared with them that I know that we are commanders in Gods army and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I think that it is important to remember our purpose. God has a special task for me and I know that I will be a great soldier and leader in Gods army.

My favorite thing I have learned coming here is that everyone has a specific purpose. I know that you have one as well as I do.

I am currently doing laundry and had a few minutes to wait to see if you see this right away just know that I will have more soon.

Love Elder Jardine

---------------------------------------

These are some photos of us. The one with five of us it have all the elders and our zone leader in the middle. His name is Elder Jennings and he is so cool because he is speaking dutch too but he is a solo missionary to the West Indies. The one elder posing is Elder Isaksen and he is pretty cool.
Elder Soloman, Elder Isaksan, Elder Jardine, Elder Smith
Elder Soloman, Elder Smith, Elder Jennings, Elder Isaksan, Elder Jardine


Elder Isaksan
Posing at the Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment