Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Week #2 - Learning To Teach "Onderzoeker" that's Dutch for Investigator

We had a really cool experience. Me and my companion were teaching our "Onderzoeker" that's Dutch for investigator. the investigators background is that he has three kids but his wife and 4th kid died and he works nights and then sleeps during the day and then helps his kids with schoolwork during the afternoon. and then repeat. I thought it was really interesting because he was a devote christian but didn't belong to any specific church. It was really nice to be able to teach him in all Dutch that God is our Father and that he loves us. That even when we feel we are alone. That we can always feel his love and the love of the Savior. That Christ Heals all and that he doesn't just heal guilt from sin. The Atonement covers all things that includes pain, guilt, sorrow, grief, and fear. I think that it is so important to know that we are not alone and that everything will be ok. That Heavenly Father only gives us what we can manage and that is such a blessing. Just like Nephi we must just simply Go and Do.

I love my companion and I am 100% percent sure that we were meant to be together. It is interesting because over this last week my district has been separating between the two companionship's. ME and Elder Smith feel that they are starting to be a little exclusive with the Dane sisters. It could be just a thought but WE had to step back and not be mad that we weren't a district anymore but that we are two individual companionship's. I think that if we forget ourselves and our worries and just be nice and be happy that the Dane's are heading out within a week and be super nice to them I think that would be the best idea out there. Idk It could be all speculation but sometimes when we see 2 Danes and then the 2 other Dutchies that they are being exclusive to just the Danes.

How is life at home. Anything big happen? how is Mikey? He doesn't write me as much as Id like to here from him. love you mom. you are the best and I couldn't have asked for a better Mom. You taught me like the mothers of the Stripling Warriors.I am doing well, I am doing laundry while I catch up on my emails. I love ready each one of them. My Clothes are great I haven't had to iron them yet I will probably tonight though. I will get some pictures and I have been so happy to have such a good companion. I am so happy right now. That made my day. Thanks for the moccasins they are the best I am wearing them right now hahaha.

I get good sleep as long as I follow the rules. I will be going to the temple later today and it should be good. I definitely like the Timpanogos temple a lot more though. I love any package and any letter I get they mean so much to me and I keep everyone. It is just hard because I cant write back instantly or as often as I would like. But that is ok because I am on the Lords time and he will have me do what I need to. Give everyone a hug for me I miss them all so much. That is the hardest thing for me here by far. I love you all


The Danes

Elder Jardine, Elder Soloman, Elder Smith, Elder Isaksan, Elder, Sister, Sister, Sister, Sister

Elder Jardine, Elder Smith - Going to the Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment