Friday, February 13, 2015

Week #3 - Happy Birthday!!!, I am not alone!


This week was an interesting turn of events. On Saturday and Sunday I truly started to feel alone. The day started with me and my companion having a disagreement and it was really hard for me because I haven’t really disagreed until then. It got better towards the end of day but still I shut down and had a lot of time to think because I reverted to my quiet self that is off in the corner alone and thinking. I had some really hard thoughts too but I think that it was to show me that god can really show us what our weaknesses are. I had a Coaching-Missionary Study thing which is a one on one talk with a teacher. I came to a conclusion on why I am so afraid of feeling alone. That is because It’s the one thing that I can’t beat. I can figure out how to overcome any trial and have always been able to pull my head out of the water except for this. I think that God gave me this one weakness because That way he can show me that I do really need to rely on him that I can’t do it all on my own. But that he blesses me with strength that I am not needy. or needing of blessing so that I can fulfill his purpose in all of my relationships. I feel closer to him that I ever have been and I know that with everyone I meet God needs me to fulfill and specific purpose with them. Whether it be family friends or investigators. But god has shown me that I am not alone in the fight against Satan and His Angels. That he has my back and that I should not feel alone.

Mom I am ok just so you know. 

We had some really good lessons today and so that everyone knows I do speak pretty good Dutch. I can give most of all the lessons in Dutch. I am not fluent but I have learned so much. I think that it is so cool that I can show investigators that I love them and that I love my Heavenly Father. I think that This week I won’t have to feel alone unless I don’t remember that God has my back and that this trial is mine to keep and that is always going to be my think to deal with I have to just remember. 

We had a really good devotional last night and had a great time opening my birthday package. I think that it was the funniest night yet. The devotional has been pretty sweet and we learned that sometimes when challenging someone to read the BoM that we need to read with them and be their reading buddy I really do think that is why we understand what we do growing up because someone read with us, read with me. I am sorry that I don’t write everyone hand written letters but I have to take the little extra time and write which is close to 15-30 minutes a day and it is hard to hand write so many people. I love all the letters because that is the best part of the day is getting mail. I really enjoy seeing what everyone has written and it does mean a lot to me even though I may not be able to respond. 

The biggest thing that I have noticed while being here. Is that God listens. But We must also listen. Since I am here I am doing his work and I constantly feel the spirit and what God wants me to do. God listens and he answers. I have prayed so much more often and sometimes Its weird because I probably have prayed in Dutch more than English already because I don’t remember praying all to often in English. So when I want to be more specific all my head can think is in Dutch. We say so many Dutch prayers. because in class and different things in church and priesthood meetings we basically pray in Dutch and talk in our own languages. It is so cool how much I can speak in Dutch If I believe in myself and think in Dutch. I love it the language is a silly language and that makes it fun. I hope that all of you out there can take a moment and listen to your heavenly father and ask like we are told in the scriptures. 

I am doing good. Me and my companion get along and the MTC food is kinda terrible. so yeah know you all know so you don’t have to ask the prequestions that everyone has. 

To everyone at home. I love all of you and wish success upon you all. Thank you so much for all the support that you give me I wouldn't be who I am without it. Dankeje vell

Love ELDER JARDINE

Tout Zines


Oh I was also called to be the Sacrament coordinator so basically make sure sacrament gets taken care of and my Colega is the Chorister so he makes sure the music is ready and E. Isaksen was made District leader and E. Soloman went from DL to Zone Leader

Writing Home, Elder Jardine & Elder Isaksan

Elder Smith, Elder Isaksan, Elder Jardine

Elder Smith, Elder, Elder Isaksan, Elder Jardine

Elder Smith (black glasses), Elder Isaksan (green glasses), Elder Jardine (red glasses)


Happy Birthday Elder Jardine, Nice Decorations Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment