Friday, February 20, 2015

Week #4 - The MTC is getting to be slow

I am so excited to hear Jayden and all of these young men getting ready to get out into the field. They are doing a great thing and will learn very well. I have met a couple of missionaries going to the mission in the Philippines and they are some cool people. 

Mom, I don’t think that you struggle because we are good kids. I think that everyone struggles and that God knows that you are strong enough to triumph in them I believe that God must pull us down so that He can build us up. Joseph Smith told that to someone over a stick pull vs a man that clearly was stronger than him. 

I don’t think that we can record it but I know that travel orders come this Friday. 

I would like some cashews like from Costco. Chips are really good. I have a lot of treats still though. I do still want an extra shirt though for Gym. Oh mom if you can make something like the pink bag that Elder Smith has then I would love it because it makes taking laundry so easy. I will send a picture too. No new Elders in our district it kinda works in a way that when a district ships out a new one comes in behind them. so there won’t be any new Dutchies until we leave. Me and Elder smith are getting along really well. I think that our last dispute was just me in my head. It was alright though. We worked it out. I will have some stuff for you though. to send home Its so funny because now that everyone else is gone we have the most decorated room. Elder smith made sure that we used every streamer that we got and every banner. We found some extra flags and hung those up too so we have so much stuff on our walls. It feels kinda like at home. We did clean up really good though because we had a new elder move in with us because he was in with the swedes but doesn’t leave till this upcoming Monday. I have been doing well although I want out. I want to be in the field. I think that it will be so much better because it won't be repetitive. 

The MTC is getting to be slow. Me and my district sang in the devotional for everyone on Sunday half in Dutch and English. It was so great. Never knew I could sing. I miss all of you and time isn’t necessarily flying for me. The days seem like weeks and the weeks seem like days. I have to remind myself that I am on the Lords time now and that I have a job to do. I have to be obedient and try my hardest to stay focused on the work.  I miss you all. I can’t wait to get into the field though.

I have had some incredible experiences here already. It was so cool the night I was set apart during the prayer I could see in my mind armor being built upon me. It was some really cool armor too. I can't get rid of the image in my mind. I wish that I could draw because I have this really powerful image in my head. The cool thing was is last night after our devotional back in our classroom I looked over and the other 4 elders in my district and I could see similar armor on them and I have this image stuck with me that we were all in throne-like chairs and all had similar armor on and you can’t see faces but I know that they were the elders with me now. 

The food is terrible here and it screws with your poop. I have been adjusting very well and the language has come so far. I love it so much. I have taught 4 lessons to an "investigator" in Dutch which is super good for just being here a week. It is so hard and I have such a hard time with being exhausted. I struggle in some of the large meetings to stay awake. I miss you all

Elder Jardine


My District at Sunset near the Provo Temple Fountain

Provo Temple reflection pool

Dutch Commanders in God's Army

We love going to the Temple


I liked this, See our shadows, Awesome


Mom & Mikey sent me Jesus Sandals


Elder Smith's Laundry Bag

Elder Jardine's room decorated for a Happy Birthday
Elder Jardine
Birthday Decorations

Sound Check
Elder Jardine and Elder Soloman, getting ready to sing

This is the Auditorium we sung in. a bit scary


No comments:

Post a Comment