Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 28 - I Dare You...

I have had to let go of my ropes Mom, I think that it interesting that you say that because I have had to let go. I called it putting down my weapons. Letting go. so yeah it’s a struggle but I have actually shared a lot about myself and I am way open I think it’s so intense sometimes but I have been open with my DL and ZL on exchanges and they have learned and I may have given them a little head start but I started to get them to think. To see what I am seeing.

(SO transfers are coming up next week and I think that I will be transferred and that Kortrijk will be white washed. Because when I first got here the first Sunday I got a really strong feeling and actually God spoke to me and said exactly "you are one and done so make it count" so yeah I think that I am gone after this transfer which hurts because I haven’t told anyone besides my comp and president when we had interviews. So yeah it hurts because the members got a new branch president and he is really pumped and they plan as if I stay next transfer. So that sucks I would ask that this part doesn’t go up on the blog though. )

Favorite food here is either Nasi which is Indonesian or a doner which is what that thing I sent a pic of a while ago I will have to take a pic of the store because we could never get that in America haha so yeah that’s tasty.

Treat I really like suikerwaffles they are the best when they give you a fresh warm suiker waffle.

Temp right now is like 26-28 Celsius so I don’t know what that is in Fahrenheit

I do really miss the studio. I had a flashback to tai chi because Quirin the guy who used to be a monk had like 30 tai chi bowls and I could ring them like I used to and ughhhh

I would love to come back with you all I think that it would be fun to show you all where I served and the people that I love and have met here.

About your talk... um I would say that you should just say that when a child says something listen and try to understand because I know myself and it was harder to share things if I tried to bring it up and then it ended badly with someone upset. I would never want to bring it up again. I think that you just have to accept that we aren't perfect by nature and that we have the atonement so that when we fall short (when not if) it’s there to be used. I think as parents we would try to keep our kids from sinning but that’s not what will happen. I think it is more important that when a child is bringing something up that we teach and love and that’s how you can be the most open. I think that if you love unconditionally and do what Christ did when the Jew wanted to stone the adulterous women and just love them and then teach them to not sin anymore and how we can use the atonement will have a greater impact than grounding them or taking away the temptation. Idk that’s my ideas.

We had a lesson with our investigator, Lieven that was too good. I am pretty sure that Heavenly Father spoke to Lieven through my mouth. It was way intense I have never got that good of a feeling before. The spirit has never been stronger and I really was testifying with the power of God's voice behind mine. That was a really cool experience. Then in the middle of the Lesson I just felt to challenge him to stop smoking and then he said back "do you dare me" and I just gave him back "you know what I DARE you to stop today." Then he stood up and looked at me for a second and then said he would do it and then we shook hands and I told him that I believed him. We saw him at church on Sunday and then he said how he was perfect and how he had stopped completely and he just was changed by the atonement. It’s definitely real. It was so cool to see him because he seemed so much more alive and free from smoking.

Transfer calls happen this next Sunday and then next Wednesday is transfer day. When everyone moves. So I will let you know where I will be next transfer next Monday

Tout Ziens
Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment