Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 29 - Baptism date set for 6 September

I have like no time so I wrote a letter home and took a picture of it.

I am glad to hear that you aren't doing too bad coming home from camp Its good to hear.

I am staying here in Belgium but yeah I am getting a young comp. more details in the other letter.

I wish I could see a meteor shower like that that is awesome I will have to go read that declaration I think that it is a good one.

I will have to write another letter about how I am doing because it is a lot to explain and send it tomorrow because I think that it only takes a week to get home. I am good don’t worry I am doing just fine.

So this week has been interesting. We went to oostenoe and that is a sick beach. We all played volleyball which I actually really like now. I like beach volleyball. It’s a ton of fun.

It was really exciting this week we had a baptism interview with Lieven. He is good to go! I’m so excited the only thing is he had to move back the date to the 6th of September because the member that is going to baptize him won’t be here til then but it’s sick! I’m excited!

This week we biked to France took a picture and then went back on out side and contacted. Really not as cool as I would have liked but I’ve been to France, so that was cool haha yeah.

So transfer call came in and Elder Jones is leaving and I am getting Elder Stranger I think… We aren’t sure how to say or spell his name. Haha hopefully he is a cool dude. He is way young he will be on his 2nd transfer. So his is pretty young so that will be interesting. So yeah, but today we are going to Ieper (Ypres) today so that should be really cool its got some really good history there and a lot of wars were fought there.

Tout Ziens
Elder Jardine

Here are some pictures of Ieper

The Westhoek was part of the Western front during the First World War (1914-1918), or Great War, in particular the area around the town of Ieper (Ypres), where half a million soldiers were killed and millions wounded.

The region contains a great number of places with memories of the war like cemeteries, monuments and memorials, museums, as well as trenches, shelters, craters, and others.





Leeuwentoren


Preach the Ears

Ieper Vestingen - Elder Jardine selfie

Trench

Tyne Cot Cemetery

Tyne Cot Cemetery

Tyne Cot Cemetery

Tyne Cot Cemetery

Tyne Cot Cemetery

Zicht van op brug, richting menenpoort

Doorgang onder de vestingen

Elder Jardine

Menin Gate at Ypres


from the right Elder Stranger, Elder Jardine, Elder Grosebeck

Elder Jardine and Elder Jones on the train

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found a photo of my daughter, Zuster Riley, on this blog. Thanks so much! You might find photos of Elder Jardine on Zuster Riley's blog (but I'm not positive, because she doesn't tell us the names of all the elders in her pics): http://zusterelizariley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete