Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 43 - It has been a weird week

The threats are all calmed down now and we are allowed to do everything again. I think that the puppy will be good for those two I did send out a Christmas package for you guys. I hope that it gets there in time. If not then you all will still be able to enjoy the things I sent.
It has been a weird week. The time is going by faster and we have been working on our restoration lesson. I remember one of my companions taught me that the first lesson is your one chance to stun them with the gospel and the 1st lesson is probably the best lesson to get someone’s interest. Elder Mostoller and I started to work on that together and teach as one and it has really helped our unity. Another thing that I realized is that I need to be a lot better at teaching about the apostasy, because here in Sliedrecht the people  don’t believe that priesthood authority is necessary or anything that comes with the restoration is necessary so that is tough. We really have to get our explanation of the apostasy down.
I am also really sorry that I haven’t been super personal in my emails. I just didn’t think that there was anything to tell you all about. I haven’t been in the most blessed areas. I am in the bible belt of the Netherlands and I am not about to bash with people because we are not logical beings. I have done my searching and I can bash and but I don’t just bash I dominate. People are just super limiting. They limit God and what he could do. They say that you must always check in the bible and if it isn’t there than it isn’t of God but that’s where they are so wrong. We must turn to God not the words in a book. Yes it is scripture, but if you only compare cookies to other cookies and to only chocolate chip, then you will never know how amazing peanut butter cookies are.  This week I was really sick of being rejected in this manner that one door we knocked a lady answered and I totally destroyed her and everything she put up to defend her belief. Afterward I felt so bad because of how wrong that was. I am trying to learn the difference between being bold and telling people that they are wrong.  It’s a vague line sometimes. Anyways that’s my rant.
Um… Sinter Klaus is a Dutch holiday. It basically is the same idea as Santa in the U.S except it’s the 5th and it happens at 8 o’clock.  Sinter Klaus comes to the house and then throws the goodies in the door or something like that. It’s really hard to explain in text, but basically I will just tell you on Christmas in a short thing.
Love Kyle
PS everyone should send me letters I really like getting them and I will send more if I do yeah?


No comments:

Post a Comment