Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 48 - Christmas and New Year’s was bomb

Christmas and New Year’s was bomb. I had a good time, the members are great I have been doing my best to write as many thankyou notes as possible, but yeah.... writing Dutch.....

I am excited. I don’t know why but just am. Life is good here, we don’t have very much going on. I did get to see Dave Saturday night (from Zoetermeer) I am excited I learned a lot this week.

"This week was pretty good I can’t really remember this week what we did but I am having fun still. I love talking to people more because when I give it what spunk that is "Elder Jardine" it gets interesting. I am excited for interviews I have a lot to learn I got to go to dinner with a member in Zoetermeer, He came down to see us and we had an incredible talk and he reminded me of the things that I was good at. I had forgotten some of that when I came here. He reminded me of a time where I went with him and my comp to his sister’s house for dinner, this was like 8-9 months ago. However he reminded me of how I just became a part of their family and how they loved having me over. I became one of them and it made it amazing to see how they opened up to me. I was able to see them for who they were and it was a talent that I used in Kortrijk but for some reason I forgot it when I was with my greenie. I need it back. This is what I want to do. I want to go to a family and be able to become one of them and develop a relationship with them so that I can become an instrument in the Lords hand. This is what I want now and I plan on getting good at it.

Another cool thing I learned on exchanges to Utrecht. We went to a returned missionary’s house. He is a really good teacher. He basically took preach my gospel chapter 10 and summarized it in a few sentences. It made what he was teaching more profound and just incredible. He taught us the restoration with Jenga Blocks and I have never been so blown away. I knew the lesson and I can give you all the points and doctrine and such, but never was I taught like he taught.... today I am buying Jenga blocks and I will be practicing how to get that down. So I am pumped for that. "


I love you

Kyle




No comments:

Post a Comment