Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 46 - I definitely had the miracle of my mission

This week was really good. After talking with my friends and after we went on exchanges in Utrecht with Elder Croft and Elder Miera we went and did service and helped a member that was moving. I got to talk with a returned missionary and he just got home about 4 weeks ago and he was filled with such a light. His name is Quincy. I just want to be the same kind of positive that he is. So I made the decision with Elder Croft and Elder Miera as we were talking on the tram going home to no longer let the little things bother us and become a more positive people.
 Then I definitely had the miracle of my mission. There was a guy on the Tram that had interrupted us and he started to ask us about the Gospel and I was so surprised. We talked to him, he was about to get off so elder Croft gives him a card and as he gets off the tram he shouts to us, “ I promise to call you!” Not 5 minutes later Croft gets a call and then sets up an appointment. Such a cool day. Definitely changed my mission. Also the next day I was with Elder Da Silva, (I knew him from the District I had been in before) I was sure we were going to butt heads. I didn’t like the way he lead. However after Utrecht I had to put aside the little things and just “talent find” instead of fault find. I found out that he used to skateboard and that is my favorite hobby. Our Exchange was also very good. I opened up and in return it allowed him to open up. I think that is going to be the biggest thing is to find talents and relate to others or just compliment them. Everyone is blessed with something amazing you just have to find it.
I had a conversation with Elder Drinkwater about who he is and what he wants to become and everything that he doesn’t like about himself. Very cool conversation. For some reason I feel like I have always been better at helping missionaries instead of non-members. Don’t really get it. I also had a talk with Elder Stanger about why our time together was so amazing? That was definitely the high point of my mission. I loved every day with him. We had fun. So I have decided that it is because the number of hours matter’s more to me than just finding someone to preach the gospel to. So I have a marble and the rule is that you can’t put it in your pocket or set it down until you talk to someone about the gospel and then you pass it to your companion. And we have been passing it back and forth. We tried it the first time on Christmas day and it was fun to travel contact. It was easy. “
I love you Mom I know that I am getting there. I will definitely be spending a lot of time trying to figure everything out. I will write a ton because on new year’s eve we have to be in by 4 pm because fireworks are nuts over here. They have already started and let’s just say Dad wouldn’t make it over here with PTSD lots of loud booms and bangs. So yeah nothing Dangerous really just have to be smart.
I love you so much, so much that it’s to infinity and hope the best for you all.
Love Kyle

 













Like My Christmas Sweater















No comments:

Post a Comment